Friday, November 26, 2010

thanksgiving

Many thanks to all my friends, family and mentors. yesterday, a dear friend reminded me of that wonderful quote from Midsummer Night's Dream by Shakespeare, " The Poet's eye in a fine frenzy rolling, doth glance from heaven to earth, from earth to heaven and as imagination bodies forth, the forms of thing unknown, the poet's pen turns them to shapes and give to airy nothing a local habitat and home." Today I am reading that wonderful pet from Kentucky, Wendell Berry, and since I am not permitted to quote him at length, I do encourage you to read him. Here's a cheerful song to wake up to: "When I rise up, let me rise up joyful like a bird. When I fall let me fall without regret like a leaf." You'll find this in Berry's "Collected Poems 1957 -- 1982."

No comments:

Post a Comment